The Stream

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Baby Animals

I went to a field trip with Gretchen's class last Tuesday and there were a lot of baby animals at This is the Place Monument.  I asked the guy if they needed help feeding them and he said, "Sure! 12:30 and 4:30." I took him up on his offer a few days later because I thought it would be a great opportunity for my kids to get some animal action.  The eldest two in our home don't know how we would take care of animals nor would we want to, but the youngers beg, like I'm sure most of your households do. 

Here are the baby lambs.  Mat was a sheep herder for a summer and he was always telling me to feed the baby lambs if I ever had the chance.  Yes, it was thrilling.  You have to hold on tight to that bottle.

photo

photo


As a bonus we got to hold the baby chicks and go for a pony ride. Thank you This is The Place.

photo

photo

2 comments:

Becky and Jimmy said...

Mat was a sheep herder? That's awesome.

shelob said...

I fed calves once with a friend who ran a dairy farm. Her advice when the bottle was empty. "Run for the fence. Run HARD." Yeah. I'm not a farmer.