The Stream

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Miracle on 34th Street

I've been waiting 34 years to say that (actually, I just thought of
it, but it's perfect) Clap! I'm not only a miracle, but also the ripe
old wrinkly age of 34. If you want to read more about my miracle,
refer to Mat's endearing post last year.  He has a way of grabbing you
from the beginning and sucking you in.  Better than the Twilight
series. You will not want to leave your computer screen, so grab a
snack and a tissue (the whole box).

What should I do today? Clean up after my kids latest inventions?
Floss my pending root canal? Laundry is calling my name, BUT so is
going out for lunch AND dinner.  I think I should go buy a new pair of
FLAT brown boots. I wore my heeled boots last week and they almost
twisted my ankle completely off. I'm done with pumps.  I hope I can
find a flat, yet dressy boots that I can clop around in. I also need a
bread knife so I can cut my bread better.  Mat says no bread knife
will help me to cut bread better. Whatev!  I just shot him a glare
instead.

What I really want is to have all my friends and family here.  I
really miss my people from out East. From West Virginia, to North
Carolina, to Pennsylvania and of course the Utahans.  I don't know how
Mat is going to pull off that party, but I'm sure he'll pull it off.
He can do anything.  Mat, (if you're reading) I'm thinking summer
might be a better time to travel.  The weather will be better and we
can go to a water park. I can feel the squeals within me.  They want
to jump out.  It also won't be my birthday, so it makes it a less
awkward of a day.  You know how birthdays can make you go weird. I
know what I'm going to do today Ferb! I think I will plan my party for
next summer today.  Mat you won't have to do a thing, except surprise
me.

Micki and Micah take the slide

8 comments:

sunnie said...

Happy birthday!

andrea said...

Happy Birthday, dear Daughter-in-law. I so enjoy your missives. And I'm so glad the cord came off your neck in time:)!!!

andrea said...

Happy Birthday, dear Daughter-in-law. I so enjoy your missives. And I'm so glad the cord came off your neck in time:)!!!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Mic!! Can you please ask Mat to put us on the guest list for your summer surprise party? We can't wait to sit at your feet and listen to the re-telling of the miraculous birth :). Miracle on 34th Street....seriously, it doesn't get better than that!!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday!
Oh, and I think that you are the cutest and most fun Mom...you are ALWAYS doing fun things with your darling kids, LOVE the elf hats...may have to steal that one for an activity for my kids!

Becky and Jimmy said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day!

jweed said...

um, mat better have my email so i can plan our move around your un-birthday party. btw, have you guys met any great GI docs? we really liked bend, but we're open to Utah. gulp. did i just say that?!

shelob said...

I think your un-birthday needs to coincide with my actual birthday in June-- let's do it! Nauvoo! Hey, it's a central location . . . or maybe we can crash on the Wests in North Dakota.