The Stream

Friday, November 5, 2010

Dear Kelli

Dear Kelli,

Thank you for staying with my kids while Mat and I venture off to Palm Springs. I have noticed a few problem areas around my house that needed some serious attending to after celebrating Halloween and Becket's birthday, so I decided to buckle down and do them to save you from some eye popping experiences. No guarantees you might still have some of those experiences while tending to to my children, but I did the obvious ones.

The laundry room that was covered in costumes and special deliveries is now available to you if you need to do your laundry.

untitled-1420.jpg

The dirty, dingy mouse pad got a new face lift, so you don't have to mess with the gummy rolled up corners (Micah will be happy to demonstrate how to work it, since she is a computer junkie now).

untitled-1422.jpg

Bar stools have been cleaned and given a paint touch up. You can no longer see the hard crusted cereal and milk spots that were dried on there before.

untitled-1421.jpg

And, I cleaned the soap scummed shower curtains that are always a battle when you live in a humid place. The toilets also have all been bleached and soap dispensers filled. You know, all things that gun you down in the morning and that you have been meaning to get to, but haven't.

untitled-1423.jpg

Hope my kids behave. Hope it is a pleasant time for you. May I suggest that if neither of these things are going well for you, you may just want to sit on my laundry room table, criss-crossed applesauced and smile. I did and it made all the bad things go away. Poof!


Love,
Mic

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh good. I was worried about those things! Now I can come with peace of mind. Can you make sure there is ice cream in the freezer, some movies to watch, and fresh bread when we get there.

Just kidding. I have to add that because you really will do all of those things. I'm looking forward to being a mother of four for a few days.

Emily S. said...

Cute! Hope you have a fabulous time!!

Joellen said...

See you in Palm Springs, can't wait to do some riding