The Stream

Monday, November 1, 2010

Abundance

untitled-1444.jpg

When there is an abundance in candy, sort and graph--at least that's what my inner organizing, teacher self says to do.

untitled-1447.jpg

Gretchen was ALL over the sorting, I might just put her to work on my pantry.

While Becket was all over the candy

untitled-1446.jpg

Complete! Chocolate candy on one side and non chocolate candy on the other. This will at least buy you mom's an hour to make dinner.

untitled-1448.jpg

Then you graph! Quite the unexpected math lesson. Dums Dums and non candy items (toys i.e. spider rings) won coming in at 55. Low were the Swedish Fish, much to Mat's dismay.

untitled-1450-2.jpg

As for the candy talk next year: Not so much candy! (good thing gingerbread houses are coming up)

PS My pantry looks great, thanks Gretchen! I am so glad we both get highs on mucking out deep, dark, scary places.

9 comments:

McArthur Family said...

I love how the candy becomes educational...brilliant!!!

Erin said...

Oh Mic. This post makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

Naomi said...

This is absolute genius, Micki. Can't wait for Polly to get old enough to do more than chew through the wrappers to get to the chocolate inside.

Shilo said...

You are so creative!! I love it!!

Rachel Oswald said...

Kolby and I are cracking up at your hilarious kids' commentary. They are too funny. You are so smart to teach your kids with their candy!

dave&abby johnson family said...

wow, good work team harris! you guys are awesome!

Emily S. said...

I bet your kids are pretty smart with a smart mom like you :-).

Caroline said...

Wow. You are an amazing Mom. I just ate my kids candy.

Abs said...

I love sorting Halloween candy! I have never graphed it however...I'm going to have to remember that for next year.