The Stream

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Weekend Top Ten

We made a visit to Columbus to visit the other Harrises and to attend the youngest member of our family's baby blessing. Here's a peek of the top ten.

10) North Market in downtown Columbus offers a lot of markety eats. From mango and lavender ice cream to Mediterranean food.

_HAR1107

_HAR1106

_HAR1100

Pointing out the chicken feet behind the glass case. Becket: "People eat these?" Mic: "Yup. So don't complain about my food!"

_HAR1094

The pure meditative state you fall into when you watch some one spread a crepe. It's like watching a fire burn.

_HAR1099

9) The sugar crusted Belgian Waffle with strawberries, mangoes and cream. Mat's carefully caressing it in the palm of his hand.

_HAR1105

8) You get to sit at the bar with THE COUSINS and you have it all to yourself.

_HAR1109

7) Watching Sequoia climb further then the rest of 6 and under and then waiting 20 minutes for her to make the frightening plunge down. Special thanks to rock climber guy standing next to us for letting us borrow your rope to go fetch her.

Columbus climbing park

IMG_5671

This is Gretchen attempting a whole 2ft on the rock wall and then freezing

IMG_5675

6) Being able to play in the mud while the parents aren't watching

IMG_5681

That isn't what it looks like folks, it's mud.
IMG_5684

5) Checking out Mat's calves while he climbs.

_HAR1113

4) The tramp with THE COUSINS. FYI, THE COUSINS don't have names they are just known as THE COUSINS.

_HAR1185

3) The weenie roast. Surprisingly, no one was burned, poked, or lit on fire.

_HAR1180

_HAR1179

2) Getting to hang out with this lady a little longer
_HAR1168

2 1/2) A bike ride on my smooth like butta bike
IMG_5694

The electronics on our bike ride calculated our every pedal. I love that my husband is a geeky wiz, and I'm more interested in smelling the flowers and taking mental images of the barns.

IMG_5695

1) And Miss Ruby Ann of course (photo taken by Mat). I enjoyed holding her and I made sure I held her frequently to be sure I shouldn't have another one. And, it was confirmed, we are happy with our three.

_HAR1213

6 comments:

Maren & Danny said...

Looks like an awesome trip...thanks for always making me smile :0)

Kelli said...

So fun! Looks like a great weekend. But we missed you guys. I've taken a vote and the consensus is that you shouldn't leave us and go to Utah this summer. Please consider this poll in your summer planning. Thank you.

The Singer Family said...

how fun! Just wondering if all of Mat's family are bikers? I wouldn't know what to do if my Matt and his brother were wearing biking clothes. :)

Rachel Oswald said...

I love Gretchen's rock climbing face. I think we need a full body shot of you on your bike to get the full effect next time. That looks like a blast, and makes me want to get a sweet new bike!

Mary said...

You guys always have such GREAT pictures! And that market definitely looks like a foodie's happy place :) Ben just got his first road bike and has a 100 mile ride on May 1st that he's gearing up for... (no pun intended!) Looks fun, guys.

Shannon Stoker said...

No picture of Micah falling asleep....oh, I don't know...on the trampoline or something? Her hair is getting so long, by the way. Darling photos. That market looks fantastic.