The Stream

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hee, Hee, Just Foolin' Around

It's Spring Break in the home of Harris and we have had a lovely time doing what we do. Tuesday was wear your most comfy clothes day, yesterday was chocolate for breakfast day and Superheros in the park day. Today is stay in our jammies until noon day and our beloved practical joke day, which I'm sure it is for many of you.

We decorated eggs for starters, fun!

IMG_5608

Micah's practical joke, dump the dye down herself, and then her stool, and then the wall, and then the cupboards, and then the floor, and then the grooves of the floor. Ha, ha, very funny.

IMG_5601

On with the practical jokes, we did the classic JUST MARRIED sign on the trunk to our out of town neighbors. Easy and rather boring, but it works.

IMG_5610

My troops in training came up with this joke to pull on their friends. I call it "Bunnies Multiplied." A little novice, but funny to jokesters under the age of 6.

IMG_5609

Then I took the troops to Dad's work. I decided to decorate his bike as if he were a pizza delivery guy. I was going to tape the tacky sign on his bike with a small cardboard box for tips. The timing couldn't have been more perfect, I missed him by seconds as he took off for surgery and it was almost as if this joke was meant to happen, except, I couldn't find his bike. I had seven different secretaries helping me look for it. They were eager and cute. That's the spirit secretaries! NO BIKE. I waited until the resident's got out of lecture to ask them and still NO BIKE. Harris hid it well so I taped the sign and tip box up by his desk and took off. Minutes later,REALLY, I just missed him by a hare! (No Easter pun intended) I get a text reading "Good thing I hid my bike so well!" Boiled and foiled, I decided that this was not over. I found his bike--it was on the other bike rack in front of the hospital, you know, the one that I didn't walk over that far to look? And, I did this:

IMG_5611

IMG_5612

I personally like this one a little better than the pizza delivery. I said to Mat yesterday how I wanted a basket on my bike to carry my groceries in. His reply, "YOU ARE NOT PUTTING A BASKET ON YOUR ROAD BIKE. It'll look stupid." Stupid schmoopid! I'm not talking a frilly basket, just something practical and efficient. Well, well, look who's sporting a basket on his bike now! I like your colored eggs!

IMG_5613

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh how I love you! Love the kids. Love the pranks. Love the bike. Jules played a little prank on me by staying up all night and being super cranky. It was hilarious.

Thanks for taking care of my hubby while we were gone. He was really glad to get the invite.

adespain said...

Sweet practical jokes.

Larsen Family said...

You are too funny. That'll teach him to hide his bike.

Natalie said...

Those were some great jokes. The bike one was awesome and I was also very impressed with the just married sign. I was imagining the surprise i would feel after finding that. Sounds like a well awesome spring break.

Emily S. said...

You are awesome! The funnest mom ever. I am so lame when it comes to April Fools. Maybe someday...

Jessica said...

Mic, you are so hillarious! Fun, fun, fun!