Greti eating broccoli and claiming it is chuking her (part choking + part puking = chuking).
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Friday, August 22, 2008
He will draw it in a box
He will draw in a house
He will draw on a micro-fiber couch
He will draw here or there
He will draw anywhere
He will draw on a rug
He will draw until he's snug as a bug
He will draw on the wall
He will draw on a ball
He does like those crayons
He does, my little B-man
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
This isn't as bad as the time I got the bright idea to superglue my tooth back into my mouth after it had fallen out mid sophomore year. I had a stomach ache so bad that I didn't even stay for basketball practice.
Monday, August 18, 2008
skim·board·ing (skmbôrdng, -br-)
The sport of riding a skimboard over shallow water on a beach and into oncoming waves close to shore. The board is usually tossed ahead and jumped on after a running approach.
My definition: The blast of gliding a piece of buttered fiberglass in the Virgin River challenging you to the extreme! Hopefully, I'll be able to someday perform some tricks of great technical skills like grinding the rails, the wrap barrel and the 180's.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Peanut butter M&Ms
Squishing PB M&M's between my index finger and my thumb
My kids going to bed before 8PM
Micah falling asleep on me
Chinese men laughing
X the kids in bed by 8PM, Micah is now sitting on my lap, but maybe she'll fall asleep on me and then I'll heart her again.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Monday, August 4, 2008
1) What has supa fab trees in the Fall, has lots-o-coal, a few missing teeth, and sponsors the song from the movie Deliverance as their state theme song? ba, ba, ba, West Virginie! Why all the hypertext about this mountain motha's of all states you ask? Well that is where me and my honey bumpkin and other kin will be sharing a life of two years this coming July. Mat indeed earned a fellowship in Ocular Plastics and will be doing his training in Morgantown, WV. All stereotypes set aside, we are very excited that we get to bypass the process of reapplying next year and that we can just glide over the last peak of our monstrous 14yr career starter. It was a hard one to get, so well done my good lad! I could just pinch your cheekers, that is, if you were here.
2) Becket is now onto the next costume of his life. He is no longer the orange-staple-eared, masking-tape-ring tailed coati of the Amazon, but..... it's a bird..... it's a plane..... nope....... it's B-Man. And yes, that is what he responds to these days with his mysterious hidden masked eyes. Thank you Uncle Brian and Cassandra for providing him with a wonderful new way of not being himself. In his own words, "You mean I just have to be myself. I don't want to be Becket!" Well excuse me for not giving birth to a more heroic flying figure. He now escapes death with his flashy red creased cape (no point in ironing it), a lightning bolted mask and paper clipped wrist cuffs. This armor is more professional looking than his last phased-out outfit. I give the bro and wifey full credit on the spiffy new appearance. He looks awesome. May he fight sibling unfairness, prevent tantrums from turning off the the TV, and clean up spilled milk where ever it leaks in our little city we call Grossam.
*Coati costume died due to his gloves getting a worn out hole on his middle right finger. Parents are prime suspects for having OD'd with nausea of the costume and putting off fixing it until he would forget it.
3) 3 weddings and funeral: Cousin Tacy, married August 1st, Brother Casey married August 2nd, Cousin Garret to be married August 9th. As for the funeral, we will be putting to rest my aching cabeza for compiling all of the whereabouts and where-to-bes, and what-to-wears over this last week (it really wasn't that bad). Side note-Casey and Tiff were breathtaking and will be a great couple.
4) 8-8-08 marks not only the opening day of the Olympics, held in our honor, but our 10year happily ever after wedding anniversary. "Will you Michaela 'Micki' Harris take me, Matheson Adams Harris as your hot husband for time and all eternity?"Response- "HECK YES I WILL!"
For our anniversary, Mat and I took a little bread crumb trail to the lodge at Snowbird with no kids. Call us crazy, but we have never been on an overnighter without our kids. This was a first and boy was it blessed like the sun's rays. Mat surprised me, only confiding in his ma and pa to set up the details. Hiking, dinner, tram rides, laughing, moose spotting etc. We had a lovely time acting differently, as if we were dating again. You could refer to us as Bella and Edward.
My only afterthought is this: when you take holidays, don't you find yourself wanting more? I have a hard time adjusting back to the life I once led--- wiping bums and wearing dirty smudged clothes. I propose I plan another holiday within the next 6months. Who will watch my kids? (there not so dirty and I'll buy you Doritos)
5) I have a tooth cracker appointment in the morning. I'm so thrilled! I can't wait to see what damage I have inflicted upon my teeth and bank account this time. To the Toothfairy: if you're reading my blog, will you do me a fav and do my dental work for me during the night? I sleep deep. No one has to know and this time I will tip you! I promise. Goodnight.