The Stream

Monday, August 4, 2008

MEGA BINGE POST

A Few Free Samples of My Thoughts (in outline form)

1) What has supa fab trees in the Fall, has lots-o-coal, a few missing teeth, and sponsors the song from the movie Deliverance as their state theme song? ba, ba, ba, West Virginie! Why all the hypertext about this mountain motha's of all states you ask? Well that is where me and my honey bumpkin and other kin will be sharing a life of two years this coming July. Mat indeed earned a fellowship in Ocular Plastics and will be doing his training in Morgantown, WV. All stereotypes set aside, we are very excited that we get to bypass the process of reapplying next year and that we can just glide over the last peak of our monstrous 14yr career starter. It was a hard one to get, so well done my good lad! I could just pinch your cheekers, that is, if you were here.

2) Becket is now onto the next costume of his life. He is no longer the orange-staple-eared, masking-tape-ring tailed coati of the Amazon, but..... it's a bird..... it's a plane..... nope....... it's B-Man. And yes, that is what he responds to these days with his mysterious hidden masked eyes. Thank you Uncle Brian and Cassandra for providing him with a wonderful new way of not being himself. In his own words, "You mean I just have to be myself. I don't want to be Becket!" Well excuse me for not giving birth to a more heroic flying figure. He now escapes death with his flashy red creased cape (no point in ironing it), a lightning bolted mask and paper clipped wrist cuffs. This armor is more professional looking than his last phased-out outfit. I give the bro and wifey full credit on the spiffy new appearance. He looks awesome. May he fight sibling unfairness, prevent tantrums from turning off the the TV, and clean up spilled milk where ever it leaks in our little city we call Grossam.
*Coati costume died due to his gloves getting a worn out hole on his middle right finger. Parents are prime suspects for having OD'd with nausea of the costume and putting off fixing it until he would forget it.

3) 3 weddings and funeral: Cousin Tacy, married August 1st, Brother Casey married August 2nd, Cousin Garret to be married August 9th. As for the funeral, we will be putting to rest my aching cabeza for compiling all of the whereabouts and where-to-bes, and what-to-wears over this last week (it really wasn't that bad). Side note-Casey and Tiff were breathtaking and will be a great couple.

4) 8-8-08 marks not only the opening day of the Olympics, held in our honor, but our 10year happily ever after wedding anniversary. "Will you Michaela 'Micki' Harris take me, Matheson Adams Harris as your hot husband for time and all eternity?"Response- "HECK YES I WILL!"
For our anniversary, Mat and I took a little bread crumb trail to the lodge at Snowbird with no kids. Call us crazy, but we have never been on an overnighter without our kids. This was a first and boy was it blessed like the sun's rays. Mat surprised me, only confiding in his ma and pa to set up the details. Hiking, dinner, tram rides, laughing, moose spotting etc. We had a lovely time acting differently, as if we were dating again. You could refer to us as Bella and Edward.
My only afterthought is this: when you take holidays, don't you find yourself wanting more? I have a hard time adjusting back to the life I once led--- wiping bums and wearing dirty smudged clothes. I propose I plan another holiday within the next 6months. Who will watch my kids? (there not so dirty and I'll buy you Doritos)

5) I have a tooth cracker appointment in the morning. I'm so thrilled! I can't wait to see what damage I have inflicted upon my teeth and bank account this time. To the Toothfairy: if you're reading my blog, will you do me a fav and do my dental work for me during the night? I sleep deep. No one has to know and this time I will tip you! I promise. Goodnight.

7 comments:

Kallas Family said...

Congrats on the fellowship!!! I can't believe that you are going to live in West Virginia!!!

Rachel Oswald said...

Yay for Mat! I am sure you are relieved to be able to start planning. You guys will fit in perfectly in WV :)
Wet 'N Wild is in Greensboro. It is kind of a hike but Kolby got me tickets for my BDay so it was a fun outing.
We haven't had much rain lately. Our grass is basically dead again, but yours is still pretty lush...as far as I can tell from over the fence.

Alicia H said...

Oh Mickers...you make me laugh! I love and look forward to your bloggin'. Good luck in WV. Can't wait to go frog hunting sometime soon.

What's the Fancy Dance? said...

Congrats! At least you'll still be on the East Coast. We'll miss your family when you're gone. Hope we can get together when you get back in town!

Emily S. said...

Great post! Soooo fun to see you and your kids. I wish we could see you more often. Good luck with the rest of your trip!

adespain said...

Congrats!!!I hear WV comes in a close second to IN. Looks like you are staying busy! I am somewhat sad to see that Beckett has moved on to a new super hero...I like his last one! See you in the NC...

Shannon Stoker said...

You make me laugh! Love the post...congrats on the fellowship. What a relief....