The Stream

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Oh! Limpics


Let's the games begin! I absolutely love the Olympics! I love to watch the competitors fight for their countries and honor with such heart. How about that swimming relay race with Amur-ica and France-wa? Could Phelps be any more passionate about the sport? He left no feelings guarded.


But, let me get to the real point of why I like the Olympics. It's mostly about the Olympians. After the race, I like to compare who stands out more from which country and why. Some have better hair, better face structure, better personalities, better tatts. I'm starting to consider myself a judge in this event. Don't say I'm shallow, you do it too.

I also like to study their physiques. These Olympians are in the prime of their fit life and the definition in their toned bodies makes my jaw drop. For example, the women gymnasts. Their little creased glutes are to die for aren't they? They could have a wedgie and still look good. Oh! and don't get me started on swimmers backs. Those indentations are a warning for mass destruction. Also, their lung volume. Can you imagine how much air they are able to take in and not get weary?

Next, what do you think Phelps is listening to on his Ipod? Maybe a little JT? I thought about him being a rap guy myself. Maybe he'll throw me all together and warm up to classical.

Finally, I love the little side show stories of the trials that they have had to overcome to get to the Olympics. Phelp's mother was a single mom worn out by her sons endless energy and decided to enroll him into swimming. Lucky! Then there's the once Romanian gymnast who moved to Germany (age 33) after Germany had saved her sons life from the pitfalls of leukemia. Also, the girl swimmers, Manaudou and Pellegrini, who have had the same boyfriend (also a swimmer and currently with Pellegrini). Scandalous!

4 comments:

Emily S. said...

yeah I was wondering what he was listening to also! Great race! I am with you!

What's the Fancy Dance? said...

Mik, I feel your excitement about the Olympics, although I can't comment on the women gymnastics tooshies or the swimmers' backs. But I'd need a jet ski to go as fast as they do in the water.

I actually worked the Atlanta Olympics back in the day and was assigned the aquatic venue. Nothing like being there when a US swimmer was leading coming down the stretch!

Last night, at the end of the US relay win, I jumped up, yelled and about scared the dog to death!

Good times!

What's the Fancy Dance? said...

Update... just heard on the broadcast that Phelps' music of choice is rap. Maybe Will Smith? Vanilla Ice? Salt N Pepa?

Maren & Danny said...

We are completely addicted to the olympics! We DVR it & then stay up late watching it everynite. I love Micheal Phelps-he is so fun to watch- & by the way I read that he listens to rap-mostly JayZ & Timbaland. SO there ya go...:0)

P.S. I agree on the swimmers bods-they are to die for!