The Stream

Thursday, May 15, 2008

I was just pretending


This is Gretchen after she pretended to cut her hair. This is only one of the many sections she has decided to style on her own. She's butched almost the entire side above her right ear. What's funny is Mat and I were just saying that morning how Gretchen's hair was finally getting to a cute length where we could do something with it. That won't happen for a year now seeing that it is a whole two inches long.

So what's your hair cutting story? I know they're out there. My brother Brian chopped my bangs the day before my 3yr old portraits. Being the second child, you have just a few pictures to cherish and this was one of them.

6 comments:

Kallas Family said...

What a cute girl!! I just use to cut my barbie's hair.

Stoker Family said...

I have been through this twice with Charlotte now. The first time she cut her bow out of her hair and it was on the side so I just switched her part. Last time it was her bangs and now they are finally getting long enough to pull back.

melancholyjune said...

I sadly don't recall any hair cutting stories. I know I've paid people to actually butcher my hair.

Jenny Garlock said...

Oh no! Lucky for me I had a little boy and never needed to worry about the hair cutting.

Erin said...

Too funny! I had many "self induced" haircuts the year I taught first grade. Good times...

Dave and Mel said...

Zanna chopped her bangs right before I got their picture taken and i was a little mad, but they grew back pretty quickly. She did it right before nap time and I didn't notice until she came out and i just kept looking at her- until finally it hit me- she cut her bangs! Maybe you should just teach Gretchen how to cut hair now and start her in a career early- just an idea :)