The Stream

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Goodbye Lorelai, Rory, Luke Daynes, and Friends

La, la, la la...La, la, la, la la ...this is the cheesey theme song that gets stuck in your head. I wonder what the La, la girls are doing for work?



You know how you finish a good book and you don't want to say goodbye to the characters in your life because they have been swimming around in your head as if they were real? I just finished watching 7th season of the Gilmore Girls (It's a great accomplishment that can only be done by a few that can endure that much TV time) and I LIKED it! I even loved how it ended. It all started when a gal kept comparing me to Lorelai on random occasions. Not knowing who this Lorelai was, I decided to investigate..."She's kind of carefree", "sleeps around" (What! Well Lorelai doesn't)" I really came to enjoy it with all of it's witty, quick, satire and awkward moments. Even Paul Anka, the dog, and I don't love in-house dogs. Mat even got involved in watching it which is cute, but not so cute when he has to actually work and read. I had to post-pone my fetish on several ocassions, but Mat and I got through this rocky time, just like Luke and Lorelai. There is nothing better than a good awkward relationship split over all the seasons. And, where is this diner? I would like some pancakes and pretend coffee (they talked up the coffee so much that it made you want to order some, especially during my cold winter months watching it on the couch) Make my order to go Cesar!


Probably my favorite character on the show. I laugh just even looking at Kirk.


and also this Emily and Lorelai reltionship, worked for me too:


Good bye house with the Pop Tarts, Luke's diner table and chairs and no cell phone sign, Stars Hollow Gazebo, Mrs. Kim's antique store, Sookie's kitchen, Michele's layered-thick accent, Kirk's 20,000 jobs, Sebastian Bach's parenting advice, and all of Lorelai's wardrobe.

6 comments:

melancholyjune said...

you watched it! did I really keep comparing you to Lorelei? well I did not mean that you were slutty like lor could be at times. you two had the same wittiness (even though hers was written by someone). you're still always my lorelei gilmore!

Shauntel said...

I HEART LUKE DAYNES.

Oh, how I love my Gilmore Girls. They're practically my best friends. Here's the good news - if you ever decide to re-watch episodes/seasons, it continues to be funny, witty, and entertaining. You hear new things all the time.

If I ever get a dog, I'm naming it Gilmore. :)

Cheryl said...

hey, I need your e-mail address so I can send you something that I need a little help with.

Erin said...

Oh Mic. I was heading to bed and saw you posted - had to check it out and I'm so glad I did! You know my feelings for this show are mutual. I cried when it ended. Seriously. I just didn't want it to end. Neither did Kenny, although he won't admit that in public. It's fun to watch certain episodes again and again (I especially love the ones with bad boy Jess), but nothing like seeing it all for the first time. I'm so glad you've shared in the joy that is Gilmore Girls. Sigh... I'm off to bed... to dream of Stars Hollow...

Wendy P said...

I too was addicted to Gilmore Girls. I was sad when I finnished watching. Love Kirk and I must admit I have slight crush on Luke. Every time I watched to show I got so hungry, between the Diner and Suki's food I believed that Stars Hollow must have the best (fictional) food ever.

Abs said...

I'm also a lover of Gilmore Girls, but I really disliked the ending. Of course Luke and Lorelai needed to be together, but what about poor Rory? They should've brought Jess back for her. :) He was my favorite.