The Stream

Friday, October 18, 2013

Fundraiser Check!


Whew! Being PTA president, as well as wearing other hats (T-shirt coordinator and fundraiser chair) has challenged me to hold my head up high and carry on. There have been many a self talking to meself "I can do this." "Stay calm Mic." "It will end and then you can cozy up with a book." "Slow and steady said the turtle." "Don't swear Mic."

The fundraiser was nerve racking.  It's hard knowing you are responsible for making budget of $16,000.  What a mountain. I am happy to report we did it.  The community was very generous with supporting our kids in our school spell-a-thon. We can buy the supplies we need and give our teachers some money for their classrooms.  

There were many parents who put in a long couple of days with me, counting money and helping me out--and they were so happy to work with too. Joyous. I wanted to talk more to these ladies, but I found myself loosing count. Wah. Wah.  I felt like we turned the PTA room into a bona fide accounting firm.  We were faced with tie for 1st (one who happened to be my daughter! awkward!) and a close 2nd.  We were forced to buy two iPads for the winners to be fair and we gave the bike to the 3rd place winner who missed it by $5.  So sad. Ugh. I wanted to cry and crawl in a hole. And. Never. Come. Out.

With this position, you quickly join yourself at the hip with who you can trust and depend on. They become your dearest friends because they have saved you from that dark, dank, cold,  place when you felt like you had to do it all on your own.  My faith is constantly restored in these solid people. Thank goodness God blessed this earth with incredible, diligent souls who are willing to help their fellow desperate not wanting to be PTA prez.  

Spellathon

Spellathon

The winners.

photo

photo

My calculations:

photo

photo

Now I get to relax and have fun with my family playing soccer and enjoy the Fall weather.  I'm so relieved and excited for Fall break.

photo

photo

photo

DSC_5204.jpg

DSC_5172.jpg

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Thanks for giving me the heads up to never sign up for that job!

You're amazing, Mic!