The Stream

Sunday, August 25, 2013

In Honor of Dan- Fallen Officers

We got to participate in the ride for Fallen Officers last Sunday.  It started in Lehi and ended at the Capitol.  I don't think we knew how many motorist were going to be riding until we got there (4500 total).  The Utah Highway Patrol and Police Department do this to raise money for the families that loose a loved one while serving.

photo

photo

photo

So, here we are hanging out with the Harley dudes in our church clothes. We were a little out of place, but we all know what a soft spot Harley dudes have for good causes--at least that's what the movies portray.

photo

photo

photo

Micah was given a badge

 photo
 The rover got a special badge too! This baby got us to the front of the line. We felt like the President!  photo
 Behind us you could see for miles all of the motorcycles! photo photo
 At the Capitol, we found Dan's name. photo photo
 The kids made themselves useful by passing out water bottles to the bikers. It made me smile to see these tough guys and my kids meet through the delivery of water bottles. photo
They also pitches a flag for Dan too. photo

 I think Dan would have been proud of his son. Thank you Dan for having such a fine son for me to marry. In some way, I think I owe it to you for getting us to meet. Dan Harris passed away this day August 25th, 1982

photo

No comments: