The Stream

Thursday, June 4, 2009

3 Items of Business

1. Cats Cradle
It is Mat and I's new found treasure and our own personal fountain of youth. It makes us feel young to be with all of the couples with no kids. Also the drunks who are carefree and stupid are very entertaining. We took Dannielle to this small club to watch these independent bands play and absolutely loved it --minus our broken eardrums. Mat and I went back the next weekend to hear Josh Ritter. I can think of several friends who I would love to have accompany me next time. I know they would appreciate this as much as I do.

It is so past our bedtime:

IMG_3072

Josh Ritter at Cat's Cradle 5/30/09

2. Mat has been up to his inventions. The guy does not stop. He's very similar to Old Maurice in Beauty and the Beast with all of his head gadgets and set ups. I'll turn the corner and there he is with some invention. It makes me giggle with admiration.

Literally, a few hours after church this is what I run into
Water droplet setup

Results from his drip photography:

Impending impact

Apple

Explanation: "I've always wanted to do this!"

3. Lastly, we did sell our house. It's a done deal and we are actually at the moment renting our house (weird). I didn't want to say anything for fear that we would jinx it. I'm now just getting geared up to move. North Carolina's been good to us.

8 comments:

Stoker Family said...

Congratulations on selling your house. We saw a bunch of shows at Cats Cradle while we lived there. Did you get the email about lunch on Saturday the 20th? Does that work?

Shauntel said...

For the record. I've caught my husband with roughly the exact same set up trying to catch a water drop. Kudos to Matt - I don't think Jess got any this good. :)

Good luck with the packing and the moving. And the saying goodbye. :(

melancholyjune said...

Sadly I have never been to the Cat's Cradle. I totally would have loved to see Josh Ritter. I still remember hearing "Hello Starling" for the first time during an interview he did on NPR when it was released. So long ago! Congrats on the house! Good luck with the move to WV!

Lizzy said...

Those pictures are absolutely amazing. Wow. I wouldn't even know where to start. And I'm so happy your house is done and sold! What a relief! Btw, Jon and I laughed our heads off at your comment on our blog . . . It made me remember how much I'll miss you :(

Emily S. said...

Now you know why we loved hanging out with you, the gordys and the reynolds. No kids! Those photos are amazing. And I have a request. Will you please email me and tell me what you are up to? It's been so long - I don't know where you are moving to. And when you are coming to Utah next.

Erin said...

Those water pictures are amazing! So cool. I had to giggle when you mentioned "crazy old Maurice". :)

Wish I was there to concert hop with you. I so know what you mean about the no kid thing.

How much more hopping around will you guys do until Matt is done with school? Still plan on settling in good ol' Parowan?

Rachel Oswald said...

Very slick Mat. I am impressed. I'm glad you guys got a good offer on your house, but we will miss being a stone's throw away. I love that first picture of Micah on your photo stream.

Natalie said...

Congrats on selling the house. What a relief!
And I LOVE the pix Mat took!