The Stream

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Free at last!

The OKAP 2008 (ophthalmology inservice exam) is over and life is suddenly sweeter. Directly after, we headed to !Coma Rico! for some takeout pupusas and tamales and then went to Duke Gardens to hang out in the shade, eat and relax. There were a whole new crop of flowers in bloom from when we were there a few weeks earlier. Becket at Gretchen caught caterpillars and climbed the trees while Micah crawled around on the grass.


Strawberries are also in season, so we headed to Waller Family Farm for some "agritourism" which included picking 6 pounds of strawberries and trying to keep our kids from smashing six more.


We ended the day with the yearly elder's quorum barbecue at Homestead Park, where we talked a bunch of Hispanic kids into acting like Dora and Diego characters so Becket could pretend he was Swiper the fox and steal things from them. They didn't have anything valuable, unfortunately, but they did chatter in Spanish, which made him laugh.

10 comments:

L and T said...

Matt and Mic-
We found you through Becky Thomas.
Its fun to see what you are up to. Cute, cute kids

Dave and Mel said...

Looks like you had a Fabulous day relaxing and your photos are amazing! I don't know if it's your skills your the camera- probably both. I so wish our kiddos could play together- oh, the fun we could have! Maybe someday we'll live 20 feet apart again...

Emily S. said...

Looks like you are enjoying some beautiful weather! Great slideshow at the top of your blog.

Shauntel said...

Um, hi! How much do I love your blog! I know you're not a blogger, but this is fabulous. I have a "while in Asia" goal of revamping my blog, and you've definitely inspired me. I'm so glad you're (not) a blogger! So fun! :)

melancholyjune said...

OKAY Micki, whatever you say. Not being a blogger. But I am there with you. I must admit that your kids and the DJ Stokers kids are the funniest! I'm excited you have a "journal" so I keep up with one of most favorite NC families ever after we move!

-Your favorite D1 Asian

Jenny Garlock said...

Strawberries - Yum... and that part about having the hispanic kids act like Dora and Diego is hilarious!!

Team Draughon said...

Just found your blog...welcome to blogging! We are at draughontogether.blogspot.com if you want to stop by :)

Abs said...

Are you sure you didn't swipe those flower picture off some outdoorsie website? Seriously, those are really good pictures. I loved the ones of your family too.

Erin said...

Loved the pictures...laughed my head off when I read about Dora and Diego - your new best friends. Too funny!

tomnjoc said...

The Alliums that you took a picture of look just like the ones that are growing in our front yard. It is a beautiful time of year!